Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 25 March 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light increasing to easterly 15 to 20 knots Sunday morning.
Snow Sunday. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 25 March 2023
Monday Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots backing to northerly 10 to 15 in the afternoon.
Tuesday Wind northerly 10 to 15 knots.
Wednesday Wind light.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 25 March 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday 2 tenths first-year ice except 7 tenths first-year ice in the eastern section. Consolidated first-year ice along parts of the coasts.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 March 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4616N 6006W to 4658N 6010W
to 4845N 6230W to 4958N 5915W to 4733N 5932W to 4727N 5823W to
Newfoundland near 4740N 5815W. Sea ice west then northeast of the
2 tenths first-year ice except 7 tenths first-year ice in the
eastern section. Consolidated first-year ice along parts of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 25 March 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
the central Marine District.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Sunday weakening ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over western Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday low 1004 mb located near Cape Cod.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Sunday low 1000 mb located near Eastern Shore.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:41 PM ADT 25 March 2023 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: