Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 04 June 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots diminishing to east 10 to 15 this evening then increasing to east 15 to 20 Monday morning. Wind backing to northeast 20 to 25 Monday evening.
Showers Monday evening.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 04 June 2023
Tuesday Wind northeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to east 20 to 25 late in the day.
Wednesday Wind easterly 15 to 20 knots.
Thursday Wind northeast 15 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 May 2023 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Strong wind warning in effect
Northumberland Strait - western halfIssued 3:30 PM ADT 04 June 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 4 June 2023 Tonight and Monday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located over the southwestern Marine
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Monday trough from 997 mb low located from LaHave
Bank to East Scotian Slope.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located over the northern Gulf of
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday weakening ridge located over the Strait
of Belle Isle.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- West Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: