Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:00 AM AST 21 February 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind easterly 15 to 20 knots veering to southerly 15 to 20 this morning then to southwest 25 this afternoon. Wind veering to northwest 30 near midnight then diminishing to northwest 20 Thursday morning. Wind diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 Thursday afternoon and to light Thursday evening.
Periods of freezing rain changing to a few showers early this morning and ending near midnight. Fog patches dissipating near midnight.
Temperatures zero rising to plus 7 this afternoon then falling to minus 8 Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 February 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6330W to 4500N
6130W to 4500N 5755W to 4725N 5730W to Newfoundland near 4705N
5555W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
8 tenths of grey ice except 9 plus tenths grey-white ice including 2
tenths first-year ice in the northern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 21 February 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. AST today trough located on a line east-west over
the southern Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located north of the Marine
At 3:30 p.m. AST today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over New England.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Thursday cold front located south of Nova Scotia.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:48 AM AST 21 February 2018 A cold front approaching from the west will make its way across
The marine district tonight to lie southeast of Laurentian Fan
By Thursday morning. Strong to gale force northwesterlies are
expected behind the front. In addition over northern and
Eastern waters the northwesterlies will combine with cold
temperatures to give freezing spray.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect
For Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou and
Anticosti. Freezing spray warnings are in effect for
Eastern shore-eastern half, Sable-eastern half, Fourchu,
Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: