Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 28 March 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind west 15 to 20 knots veering to northwest 10 to 15 near noon then diminishing to light early this evening. Wind becoming east 10 to 15 Sunday evening.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 March 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6330W to 4455N 6125W
to 4455N 5950W to 4615N 5835W to 4725N 5920W to Newfoundland near
4710N 5525W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Open water except 4 tenths first-year ice in the eastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 28 March 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 984 mb located over southeastern
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing low 997 mb located over Labrador
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 1004 mb located south of Laurentian Fan.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary low 1000 mb located over
the southern Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today approaching trough located southwest of
the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:45 AM ADT 28 March 2020 A low pressure system over Southeastern Labrador will continue
northward into the Labrador Sea today. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies over northern waters will diminish this afternoon.
A second low pressure system south of Laurentian Fan will track
toward the Grand Banks before stalling this evening. Strong to gale
force northwesterly winds are expected over eastern portions of
Laurentian Fan and Banquereau overnight and into Sunday with that
Meanwhile, a trough will begin to move into the southwestern marine
district Sunday night. Strong to gale force southeasterly winds are
expected ahead of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau - eastern half, Laurentian Fan - eastern half,
Gulf-Magdalen - northeastern half, and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: