Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 08:00 PM AST 26 November 2021
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light increasing to variable 15 knots early Saturday morning and to southwest 25 late Saturday morning.
Showers changing to flurries Saturday afternoon. Fog patches dissipating early Saturday morning.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 26 November 2021 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing trough located from Laurentian
Fan to the Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 992 mb located near the Gulf of Maine.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Saturday low 981 mb located over the Quebec Lower
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:52 PM AST 26 November 2021 A new low developing over the Gulf of Maine will intensify as it
tracks northeastward across the Bay of Fundy to lie over the Western
Gulf of St Lawrence Saturday afternoon. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies are forecast to develop in the wake of this low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
marine waters except Fundy, Grand Manan, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan -
northern half, and Northumberland Strait - western half.
Outlook for the start-up of the Southwest Nova lobster fishery.
Sunday..Westerly 25 knots diminishing to west 15 knots by evening.
Seas near 3 metres subsiding to 2 metres by evening.
Monday..Wind light early in the morning becoming easterly 30 knots
Near noon then becoming variable 15 to 20 knots late in the
Except northeast 30 over the Bay of Fundy. Seas 1 to 2 metres.
Tuesday..Westerly 35 knots diminishing to 25 in the afternoon.
Seas building to 3 to 4 metres.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: