Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 24 March 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 early this morning then becoming northerly 15 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to light Saturday morning.
Snow changing to flurries this morning and ending after midnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 24 March 2023
Sunday Wind easterly 10 to 15 knots.
Monday Wind northerly 15 knots.
Tuesday Wind northwest 20 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 23 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday 6 tenths first-year ice. Consolidated first-year ice along parts of the coasts.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 4946N 5849W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
6 tenths first-year ice. Consolidated first-year ice along parts of
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 24 March 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today intensifying low 998 mb located over
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday departing low 982 mb located over the
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday ridge located over Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday ridge located over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:52 AM ADT 24 March 2023 A low pressure system over Nova Scotia will continue to intensify as
it tracks eastward today to lie over the Grand Banks tonight. Strong
to gale force easterly winds ahead of the system will shift to gale
to storm force westerlies in its wake over most eastern waters.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan - eastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank - southern half, West Scotian Slope - southern half,
eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Laurentian Fan - western half, and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: