Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:00 AM AST 22 February 2019
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light increasing to northwest 15 to 20 knots early this morning then diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 Saturday evening.
High today minus 9. Low tonight minus 15. High Saturday minus 8.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 February 2019 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4510N 6610W to Nova
Scotia near 4440N 6550W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4400N 6440W to 4445N
6220W to 4420N 6050W to 4450N 5910W to 4430N 5810W to 4555N 5715W to
4720N 5850W to 4635N 5620W to 4630N 5530W then eastward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
9 tenths new ice including 3 tenths grey-white ice except 9 plus
tenths grey-white ice including 4 tenths first-year ice along the
Prince Edward Island coast.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 22 February 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. AST today deepening low 988 mb located southeast of
By 10:00 a.m. AST today departing low 977 mb located southeast of
the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located on a line north-south over
the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Saturday ridge located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:41 AM AST 22 February 2019 A deepening low pressure system passing just southeast of Laurentian
Fan early this morning will depart southeast of the Grand Banks later
this morning. Northeasterly gales are still expected for the southern
half of Laurentian Fan early this morning. As the low departs
generally strong northwesterlies are expected across the district
later today and tonight. On Saturday, winds will gradually diminish
over western waters as a ridge of high pressure approaches from the
Marine interests are advised that gale a warning remains in effect
for Laurentian Fan - southern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Fundy, Grand Manan, eastern shore, Sable, Fourchu,
Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf Magdalen - northeastern half, and
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: