Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:00 AM AST 23 February 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light this morning then increasing to south 15 to 20 this evening. Wind increasing to northwest 20 to 25 Saturday morning.
Snow beginning this evening and ending overnight. Visibility as low as 1 mile in snow.
Temperatures minus 10 rising to plus 2 Saturday afternoon then falling to minus 3 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 February 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6330W to 4500N
6130W to 4530N 5720W to 4725N 5730W to Newfoundland near 4705N
5555W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
8 tenths grey ice except 9 plus tenths grey-white ice including 3
tenths first-year ice in the northern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 23 February 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. AST today high 1042 mb located over Maine.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Saturday high 1027 mb located south of Laurentian
At 3:30 p.m. AST today approaching trough located over the Great
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:33 AM AST 23 February 2018 A cold northwesterly flow over eastern waters will diminish today as
an area of high pressure crosses the district.
A trough of low pressure will approach from the west tonight and then
cross the district on Saturday. Winds will increase to strong
southerlies ahead of the trough then veer to strong northwesterlies
in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen,
Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: