Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 24 May 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind north 15 to 20 knots diminishing to north 10 to 15 this morning and to light this afternoon. Wind increasing to southerly 15 to 20 this evening then veering to southwest 20 to 25 Friday morning. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Friday afternoon.
Showers beginning this evening. Fog patches forming near noon Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 May 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5015N 6015W to 5000N 6000W to
5100N 5815W to Newfoundland near 5050N 5705W. Sea ice north of the
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland Strait - western halfIssued 03:00 AM ADT 24 May 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 24 May 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today departing low 994 mb located northeast
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over Georges Bank.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located north of the Marine
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday trough located over the southern Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:46 AM ADT 24 May 2018 A trough of low pressure will push down from the north tonight.
Increasing southwesterly winds will reach strong to gale force over
southern waters on Friday ahead of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
West Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: