Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 25 March 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northerly 25 knots diminishing to north 15 to 20 near noon and to light this evening. Wind increasing to easterly 10 to 15 Sunday morning and to east 15 to 20 Sunday evening.
Flurries ending this morning. Snow Sunday afternoon and evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 25 March 2023
Monday Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots backing to northerly 10 to 15 in the afternoon.
Tuesday Wind northerly 10 to 15 knots.
Wednesday Wind light.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday 3 tenths first-year ice except 8 tenths first-year ice in the southern section. Consolidated first-year ice along parts of the coasts in the western section.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 4946N 5849W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
3 tenths first-year ice except 8 tenths first-year ice in the
southern section. Consolidated first-year ice along parts of the
coasts in the western section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 25 March 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today departing low 980 mb located over the
southern Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday low 1004 mb located near Cape Cod.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Sunday low 1002 mb located near Eastern Shore.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over Quebec.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Sunday ridge located east of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:40 AM ADT 25 March 2023 A low pressure system over the Southern Grand Banks will continue to
slowly move eastward away from the district today. Strong to gale
force westerly winds in the wake of the system will diminish as a
ridge builds in from the west.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore - eastern half, Sable - eastern half, East Scotian
Slope - eastern half, Fourchu, Banquereau, and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: