Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 18 June 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind south 30 knots diminishing to northwest 20 to 25 late overnight then increasing to northwest 25 to 30 Tuesday afternoon.
Showers ending Tuesday morning. Risk of thunderstorms tonight. Fog patches forming this evening and dissipating Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland Strait - eastern halfIssued 3:30 PM ADT 18 June 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 18 June 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today warm front from 1001 mb low located on a
line north-south over the western Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday warm front from 993 mb low located on a
line north-south over Cabot Strait.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday cold front from 993 mb low located on a
line northeast-southwest over southern New Brunswick.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday cold front from 983 mb low located on a
line northeast-southwest over Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:20 PM ADT 18 June 2018 A developing low pressure system over Quebec will move eastward to
lie over the Northern Gulf of St. Lawrence near midnight. Strong to
gale force south to southwesterlies are expected ahead of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fundy, eastern shore - eastern half, Sable - eastern half, Fourchu,
Banquereau and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: