Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 30 March 2023
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southeasterly 25 knots becoming west 25 late this evening then veering to northerly 20 to 25 Friday morning. Wind diminishing to northerly 15 Friday afternoon and to light early Friday evening.
Flurries ending Friday afternoon.
Temperatures near zero.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 30 March 2023
Saturday Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 25 in the afternoon.
Sunday Wind variable 20 knots increasing to northwest 30.
Monday Wind northwest 25 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday 5 tenths first-year ice.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4616N 6006W to 4658N 6010W
to 4845N 6230W to 4958N 5915W to 4733N 5932W to 4727N 5823W to
Newfoundland near 4740N 5815W. Sea ice west then northeast of the
5 tenths first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 30 March 2023 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from the Gaspe Peninsula
to East Scotian Slope.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday trough from 1008 mb low located over
Fourchu extending southeastward.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday ridge located on a line north-south over
the western Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:58 PM ADT 30 March 2023 A trough of low pressure over the central marine district at forecast
time will move to lie east of the district Friday evening.
Additionally Friday morning a low will develop in the trough near
Fourchu. Strong northwesterlies in the wake of the trough will
increase to strong to gale force overnight tonight or Friday morning.
These gales will begin to diminish Friday afternoon or evening.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
West Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope, and Chaleur-Miscou - western
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Fundy, Northumberland Strait - western half and
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: