Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 08:00 PM AST 24 January 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 10 to 15 knots late Tuesday morning and to southeast 25 to 30 Tuesday afternoon. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 Tuesday evening.
Periods of snow Tuesday afternoon and evening.
Temperatures minus 7 rising to zero Tuesday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 January 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to Nova
Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4359N 6440W to 4500N
6045W to 4615N 5915W to 4755N 6125W to 4715N 6300W to 4830N 6200W to
5000N 5900W to 4725N 5945W to Newfoundland near 4724N 5537W. Sea ice
west then south then west then northeast of the ice edge.
3 tenths grey ice except 9 tenths grey ice including 4 tenths
grey-white ice in the southwestern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 24 January 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 1001 mb located over Banquereau.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Tuesday departing low 1001 mb located over
At 3:00 a.m. AST Tuesday low 1011 mb located over the Gulf of Maine.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Tuesday low 1011 mb located near Anticosti Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:39 PM AST 24 January 2022 On Tuesday, another low will track across the Maritimes spreading
strong southerlies across much of the district. Winds could possibly
reach gale force over eastern regions late in the day.
A freezing spray warning is in effect for Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: