Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 03:00 AM AST 20 February 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwest 15 knots diminishing to light early this morning then increasing to northeast 15 to 20 this afternoon. Wind veering to southeast 15 after midnight then increasing to southwest 25 Wednesday afternoon.
Periods of rain or freezing rain ending this morning. Periods of snow and ice pellets beginning early this evening and changing to periods of freezing rain late this evening then to a few showers Wednesday morning. Fog patches dissipating early this evening. Fog patches reforming Wednesday morning.
Temperatures zero rising to plus 7 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 February 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6330W to 4530N
5750W to 4700N 5750W to 4715N 5655W to Newfoundland near 4705N
5555W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
5 tenths grey ice including 2 tenths first-year ice except 9 plus
tenths first-year ice along the Prince Edward Island coast.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 20 February 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. AST today departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. AST today trough located on a line east-west over
By 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday trough located over Anticosti Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:45 AM AST 20 February 2018 A trough of low pressure descending from Labrador will move to
Lie over Nova Scotia this morning. In its wake moderate to strong
north to northeasterlies will develop giving freezing spray
Over open water to Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti marine regions.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are
In effect for Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: