Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 April 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwesterly 15 knots increasing to southeast 25 this afternoon then veering to southwesterly 15 to 20 this evening. Wind veering to northwest 20 Sunday morning then increasing to northwest 30 Sunday afternoon.
Snow or rain beginning this afternoon becoming rain this evening and ending after midnight. Fog patches forming this evening and dissipating Sunday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation and in fog patches.
Risk of freezing spray Sunday evening.
Temperatures minus 1 rising to plus 4 near midnight then falling to minus 3 Sunday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 March 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4616N 6006W to 4658N 6010W
to 4845N 6230W to 4958N 5915W to 4733N 5932W to 4727N 5823W to
Newfoundland near 4740N 5815W. Sea ice west then northeast of the
1 tenth first-year ice except 7 tenths first-year ice along parts of
the Nova Scotia coast.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 1 April 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from East Scotian Slope
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing ridge located east of the Marine
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 988 mb located near the St. Lawrence
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Sunday low 984 mb located east of the Gulf of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:50 AM ADT 1 April 2023 A low pressure system will cross New Brunswick tonight to lie east of
the Gulf of St. Lawrence Sunday morning. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies developing ahead of the low shift to gale to storm
force southwesterlies south of it. Winds will shift to strong to gale
force northwesterlies in the wake of the low on Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Georges Bank - southern half. Gale warnings are in effect for all
remaining waters except Fundy, Grand Manan, Lurcher and
Northumberland Strait. Freezing spray warnings are in effect for
Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: