Issued 10:00 AM ADT 18 August 2018
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to northeast 15 knots early this evening and to northeast 25 near midnight. Wind diminishing to northeast 15 near noon Sunday.
Rain ending near midnight with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland StraitIssued 10:00 AM ADT 18 August 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 18 August 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 1007 mb located over the northeastern
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday low 1004 mb located over Fourchu.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday approaching ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:46 AM ADT 18 August 2018 A low pressure system approaching from the west will intensify as it
crosses the central marine district later today and Sunday. Strong to
gale force northeasterlies will develop north of the low's track.
South of the low, strong southwesterlies can be expected.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau - northern half and Cabot Strait - southern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: