Issued 10:00 AM ADT 24 September 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to northerly 15 knots after midnight and to northerly 25 early Monday morning. Wind diminishing to northerly 15 to 20 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 June 2023
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland StraitIssued 10:00 AM ADT 24 September 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 24 September 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over Labrador.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight weakening trough located over the Gulf
of St. Lawrence.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located near Georges Bank.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Monday quasi-stationary trough located south of
East Scotian Slope.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from New Brunswick to East
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday weakening ridge located over the
southeastern Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:51 AM ADT 24 September 2023 Tropical cyclone information: post tropical storm Ophelia has
weakened and will not pose a threat to Canadian waters. This will be
the final message on Ophelia.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: