Chaleur - Miscou - western half
Issued 03:30 PM AST 08 December 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 early Friday morning.
Rain and fog patches ending this evening.
Temperatures plus 5 falling to minus 2 Friday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 8 December 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 8 December 2022 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. AST today ridge located from Newfoundland to
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the southern Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. AST today trough located over the Bay of Fundy to
West Scotian Slope.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight quasi-stationary trough located on a line
north-south over the central Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:25 PM AST 8 December 2022 A trough of low pressure over western waters will slowly track
eastward to lie over the central marine district by this evening then
stall into Friday morning. During the day Friday the trough will
begin to rotate southwestward. Strong to gale force southeasterlies
ahead of the trough today will become strong northerlies in its wake.
On Friday gale force northerlies will develop over much of the
central and southern waters.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, southwestern shore, LaHave Bank,
West Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope, Gulf-Magdalen, and Anticosti
- eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: