Chaleur - Miscou - western half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 22 September 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light becoming southwest 15 knots this evening then veering to westerly 15 Saturday morning. Wind diminishing to light Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 June 2023
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 22 September 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today departing low located over the eastern
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over New England.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Saturday ridge located from the Gulf of Maine
to Laurentian Fan.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over the St. Lawrence River.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Saturday trough located over Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:42 PM ADT 21 September 2023 Tropical cyclone information: at 6:00 P.M. ADT hurricane nigel was
located near 43.7 north and 40.8 west, or about 550 nautical miles
east southeast of Cape Race Newfoundland. Maximum sustained winds
were estimated at 70 knots and the minimum central pressure was 977
MB. Nigel was moving northeast at 32 knots. Nigel will continue
accelerating northeastward tonight and Friday.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- West Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: