Chaleur - Miscou - western half
Issued 03:00 AM AST 21 January 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 20 knots backing to west 15 early this morning then diminishing to light early this afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 late this afternoon. Wind southwest 10 to 15 tonight and Wednesday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending this morning.
High today minus 13. Low tonight minus 18. High Wednesday minus 11.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4650N 6020W to 4710N
6015W to 4840N 6150W to 5035N 5750W to 4750N 5950W to 4725N 5920W to
Newfoundland near 4720N 5515W. Sea ice west then east then north of
the ice edge.
9 tenths new ice including 2 tenths grey ice except 9 plus tenths
grey ice including 2 tenths grey-white ice near parts of the
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - MiscouIssued 03:00 AM AST 21 January 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 21 January 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. AST today departing low located northeast of
At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located over the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located on a line east-west over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:46 AM AST 21 January 2020 A low pressure system northeast of Newfoundland will continue to move
northeastward this morning. Strong northwesterly winds will gradually
diminish this morning and through the day.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Banquereau - northern half,
Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou,
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: