Chaleur - Miscou - western half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 06 July 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light becoming easterly 15 knots this morning then backing to northerly 15 this afternoon. Wind backing to westerly 10 to 15 this evening then diminishing to light Thursday evening.
Periods of rain ending near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 6 July 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today intensifying low 1005 mb located over Maine.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday low 998 mb located over Cabot Strait.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday departing low 999 mb located over
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday approaching ridge located over the
western Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:34 AM ADT 6 July 2022 An area of low pressure will move eastward across the marine district
today and exit the marine district on Thursday. Strong southerly
winds ahead of the low will become strong to gale force northerlies
in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are now in effect for
Cabot Strait - northern half, Northumberland Strait, Gulf - Magdalen
and Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
WeatherCAN app: set custom notifications
Learn how to set custom Air Quality Health Index notifications on the WeatherCAN app
- Date modified: