Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 08:00 PM AST 08 February 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 30 knots diminishing to northwest 20 after midnight then backing to west 15 Thursday afternoon. Wind diminishing to light Thursday evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending Thursday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 2 falling to minus 12 Thursday morning.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 8 February 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4529N 6511W to
4515N 6500W to Nova Scotia near 4515N 6427W. Sea ice northeast of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4519N 6058W to 4540N
5837W to 4755N 6124W to 4725N 6236W to 4849N 6316W to 4844N 6057W to
4934N 6117W to 4953N 5854W to 4721N 5958W to Newfoundland near 4729N
5610W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
3 tenths grey ice except 9 tenths grey ice in the southern section.
Consolidated grey-white ice along parts of the coast in the southern
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - MiscouIssued 8:00 PM AST 08 February 2023
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 8 February 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located over Banquereau.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Thursday trough located east of the Marine
At 10:00 a.m. AST Thursday ridge located over Maine.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday ridge located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:47 PM AST 8 February 2023 A trough over Banquereau will move to lie east of the marine district
tonight. Strong to gale force northwesterlies behind the trough will
begin to diminish on Thursday as a ridge approaches from the west.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore - eastern half, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu,
Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait -
eastern half, Gulf - Magdalen, and Anticosti - southwestern half.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for eastern shore, Fourchu,
Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf - Magdalen, Chaleur -
Miscou and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: