Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 23 March 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northerly 25 knots veering to northeast 30 Saturday afternoon.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 March 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4510N 6005W
to 4530N 5810W to 4650N 5725W to Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
Open water except 3 tenths first-year ice in the central and
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 23 March 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 991 mb located over Cabot Strait.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 995 mb located northeast
of the Marine District.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Saturday approaching ridge located over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:52 AM ADT 23 March 2018 A low pressure system over the Cabot Strait will move northeastward
away from the district today. Strong to gale force northeasterlies
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence will diminish to strong northerlies
today, then increase again to strong to gale force northeasterlies on
Saturday as a ridge of high pressure builds over Labrador.
Over southern waters strong to gale force southwesterlies will
diminish to moderate to strong westerlies later today.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Sable, East Scotian Slope, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Gulf-Magdalen,
and Anticosti-southeastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- West Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: