Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 08:00 PM AST 25 February 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind easterly 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light near midnight then becoming northwest 10 to 15 Wednesday morning. Wind becoming light Wednesday afternoon then increasing to northeast 15 to 20 Wednesday evening.
Fog patches forming late this evening and dissipating Wednesday morning.
Low tonight minus 6. High Wednesday minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 25 February 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4530N
5955W to 4520N 5750W to 4640N 5800W to 4725N 5820W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
7 tenths grey ice including 1 tenth grey-white ice except 9 plus
tenths first-year ice northeast of Miscou Island and in the extreme
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 25 February 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 1012 mb located over southern East
By 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday departing low 1011 mb located east of
At 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the western Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Wednesday ridge located from the Gulf of
St. Lawrence to East Scotian Slope.
At 8:00 p.m. AST Wednesday approaching low 1001 mb located southeast
of the Great Lakes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:42 PM AST 25 February 2020 A low pressure system is forecast to pass southeast of the Great
Lakes on Wednesday evening and intensify as it moves slowly toward
the Maritimes on Thursday. Winds are expected to increase to gale to
possibly storm force easterlies across most of the marine district on
Thursday ahead of the low.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: