Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 08:00 PM AST 21 January 2021
Tonight and Friday.
Wind westerly 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light late this evening then becoming northeasterly 15 Friday afternoon.
Temperatures near minus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 January 2021 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4545N 6240W to Prince
Edward Island near 4600N 6240W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince Edward Island near 4625N 6310W
to 4715N 6405W to 4840N 6345W to 4845N 6150W to 5040N 5820W to
Newfoundland near 5035N 5720W. Sea ice west and north of the ice
Open water except 8 tenths grey ice along parts of the coast and in
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 21 January 2021 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing low 970 mb located over the
southern Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. AST Friday low 1000 mb located southwest of Georges
By 8:00 p.m. AST Friday low 988 mb located east of Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:48 PM AST 21 January 2021 A low pressure system over the Southern Grand Banks will continue to
track northeastward away from the district this evening. Gale force
northwesterly winds over eastern waters will gradually diminish
tonight in the wake of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau - eastern half and Laurentian Fan. - eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank - eastern half
- LaHave Bank - western half
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore - eastern half
- Southwestern Shore - western half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: