Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 28 May 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind easterly 20 knots veering to southerly 20 this morning then diminishing to westerly 15 early this evening. Wind increasing to west 20 to 25 late this evening then diminishing to westerly 15 overnight. Wind increasing to west 20 to 25 near noon Sunday then diminishing to west 15 Sunday evening.
Periods of rain and fog patches ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - Miscou - eastern halfIssued 04:42 AM ADT 28 May 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 28 May 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today warm front from low located from Quebec
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight warm front from low located from Anticosti
Island to the Avalon Peninsula.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 1000 mb located over northern New
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday departing low 999 mb located northeast of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:41 AM ADT 28 May 2022 A warm front extending from a low pressure system over Quebec will
move northeastward over northern waters today as the low approaches
the marine district. Strong to gale force southeasterly winds ahead
of the front shift to strong southwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Cabot Strait - northern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: