Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 10:00 AM AST 20 February 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to northeast 20 to 25 near noon then diminishing to east 15 after midnight. Wind becoming variable 10 to 15 early Wednesday morning then increasing to southwest 20 Wednesday afternoon. Wind veering to west 25 Wednesday evening.
Periods of snow and ice pellets beginning early this evening changing to periods of freezing rain Wednesday morning then to a few showers Wednesday afternoon. Fog patches forming Wednesday morning and dissipating Wednesday evening.
High today minus 2. Low tonight minus 8. High Wednesday plus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 February 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6330W to 4500N
6130W to 4500N 5755W to 4725N 5730W to Newfoundland near 4705N
5555W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
9 tenths new ice including 4 tenths grey ice except 9 tenths
grey-white ice including 1 tenth first-year ice in the northern
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 20 February 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. AST today trough located on a line east-west over
southern Nova Scotia.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Wednesday trough located on a line east-west over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:36 AM AST 20 February 2018 A trough of low pressure over Nova Scotia this morning will slowly
move north to lie over Anticosti by Wednesday afternoon. North of the
trough moderate to strong northeasterlies will develop today giving
freezing spray over open waters over the Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: