Chaleur - Miscou
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 17 August 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots veering to east 25 this evening then diminishing to east 15 Thursday afternoon. Wind becoming variable 10 to 15 Thursday evening.
Periods of rain with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - MiscouIssued 3:30 PM ADT 17 August 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 17 August 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 1006 mb located over the southwestern
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Thursday low 1004 mb located over Maine.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough from 1006 mb low located from Browns
Bank to Banquereau.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday trough from 1002 mb low located from
Maine to the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:26 PM ADT 17 August 2022 A low pressure system over southwestern marine district will move
northward to lie over Southern Maine Thursday morning. Strong to
Gale force northeasterlies over some western waters near the low
Will diminish as it moves away.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Grand Manan and Lurcher.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: