Chaleur - Miscou
Issued 10:00 AM AST 05 December 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light increasing to west 15 to 20 knots this evening and to west 25 to 30 early Friday morning.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 4 December 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4630N 6440W to 4850N
6335W to 4850N 6110W to 5115N 5725W then northeastward. Sea ice
northwest of the ice edge.
Open water except 2 tenths new ice along parts of the coasts.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 5 December 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. AST today low 990 mb located over eastern Banquereau.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing low 98 mb located over the
northeastern Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. AST Friday approaching low 1014 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:48 AM AST 5 December 2019 A low pressure system over Eastern Banquereau will track northeast to
lie over the Northeastern Grand Banks this evening. This low is
expected to bring gale force southwesterlies westerlies and
northwesterlies for Laurentian Fan and Banquereau.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Laurentian Fan - eastern half and Banquereau.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: