Issued 10:00 AM ADT 26 March 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind southeast 30 knots becoming west 30 near noon then veering to northwest 25 near midnight. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 near noon Monday and to light Monday evening.
Rain and fog patches ending near noon.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Issued 05:00 AM ADT 26 March 2023
Today Tonight and Monday. Seas 2 to 3 metres subsiding to 1 to 2 Monday morning.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 26 March 2023
Tuesday Wind light increasing to northerly 15 to 20 knots in the afternoon.
Wednesday Wind light.
Thursday Wind southwest 20 knots veering to northwest 25.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 26 March 2023 Today Tonight and Monday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 March 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4616N 6006W to 4658N 6010W
to 4845N 6230W to 4958N 5915W to 4733N 5932W to 4727N 5823W to
Newfoundland near 4740N 5815W. Sea ice west then northeast of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 26 March 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located on a line north-south over
the eastern Marine District.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today weakening ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over western Newfoundland.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over the western Marine District.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday trough located over Eastern Shore to
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: