Issued 03:30 PM ADT 15 August 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to east 15 knots near noon Tuesday and to east 25 Tuesday evening.
Periods of rain Tuesday evening. Fog patches dissipating near noon Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 3:30 PM ADT 15 August 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 15 August 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing low 1008 mb located northeast
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low 1011 mb located east of Cape Hatteras.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 1011 mb located southwest of the
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located from New Brunswick to
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday departing ridge located from Anticosti
Island to the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:18 PM ADT 15 August 2022 A low pressure system will slowly approach from the southwest tonight
and Tuesday. Ahead of this feature, strong to gale force easterlies
will develop over southern waters overnight tonight.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Scotian Slope.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: