Issued 03:00 AM ADT 24 September 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to northeast 20 to 25 knots Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 June 2023
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 03:00 AM ADT 24 September 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 24 September 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over Labrador.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight weakening trough located over the Gulf
of St. Lawrence.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located near Georges Bank.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Monday departing trough located south of East
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from New Brunswick to East
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday weakening ridge located over the
southeastern Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:47 AM ADT 24 September 2023 Tropical cyclone information: at 12:00 A.M. ADT post tropical storm
Ophelia was located near 37.1 north and 77.6 west. Maximum sustained
winds were 30 knots and the minimum central pressure was 1003 MB.
Ophelia was moving north at 7 knots. There will be no impacts to
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: