Issued 03:00 AM AST 27 November 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 25 to 35 knots becoming northwesterly 25 to 30 this morning then backing to west 25 near midnight. Wind diminishing to west 15 Sunday evening.
Showers ending this evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 03:00 AM AST 27 November 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 27 November 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. AST today trough from 986 mb low located from the
Gaspe Peninsula to East Scotian Slope.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough from 980 mb low located on a line
east-west over southern Labrador.
At 3:00 a.m. AST Sunday departing low 984 mb located over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:52 AM AST 27 November 2021 A new low developing over the Gulf of Maine with a trough extending
southeast to East Scotian Slope will intensify as it tracks
northeastward across the Bay of Fundy to lie near the Gaspé Peninsula
this afternoon with the trough extending east across Anticosti.
This system will then move north into Labrador tonight and depart the
marine district. Strong to gale force south to southwesterlies are
forecast to develop south of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
marine waters except Fundy, Grand Manan, Banquereau - southeastern
half, and Northumberland Strait - western half.
Outlook for the start-up of the Southwest Nova lobster fishery.
Monday..Wind light early in the morning becoming easterly 25 to 30
knots near noon then backing to northerly 35 in Grand Manan and
Lurcher late in the afternoon, then spreading into Browns Bank in the
evening. Seas 1 to 2 metres increasing to 2 to 3 south in the
Tuesday..Winds northwesterly 30 to 35 knots backing to west 30 in the
afternoon. Seas building to 3 to 4 metres in the morning over
southern waters, and near 2 metres for Grand Manan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: