Issued 03:30 PM ADT 19 June 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light late overnight then increasing to southwest 10 to 15 Wednesday morning. Wind increasing to southwest 20 to 25 Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 3:30 PM ADT 19 June 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 19 June 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today cold front located south of Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday departing cold front located over the
southwestern Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the St. Lawrence River.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:14 PM ADT 19 June 2018 A cold front south of Nova Scotia will track across the southern
marine district this evening. Strong to gale force south to
southwesterlies ahead of the cold front will shift to moderate to
strong northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Scotian Slope - southeastern half, Banquereau - southeastern
half and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: