Issued 03:00 AM ADT 20 June 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 early this morning then increasing to southerly 20 Monday afternoon.
Fog patches dissipating this morning. Fog patches reforming Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 03:00 AM ADT 20 June 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 20 June 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 999 mb located north of the Gaspe
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 1002 mb located over
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday low 999 mb located south of James Bay.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Monday low 985 mb located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:50 AM ADT 20 June 2021 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Tropical cyclone information..
As of 12:00 A.M. ADT, tropical depression Claudette was located
Near 32.6 north 87.0 west, or approximately 75 kilometres
west-northwest of montgomery, Alabama. Maximum sustained winds were
estimated at 25 knots and central pressure 1005 MB. Claudette is
moving northeast at 12 knots. Latest indications show the remains of
Claudette tracking across the marine district on Tuesday and could
bring some gales to the region.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: