Issued 10:00 AM ADT 29 May 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northeasterly 20 to 25 knots diminishing to northeast 15 to 20 this afternoon and to light this evening. Wind becoming southwest 15 Tuesday evening.
Issued 05:00 AM ADT 29 May 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday. Seas 1 to 2 metres subsiding to 1 or less this evening.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 29 May 2023
Wednesday Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 20 to 25 in the afternoon.
Thursday Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots.
Friday Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to northeast 20.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 28 May 2023 Today Tonight and Monday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 May 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5045N 5901W to Newfoundland near
5050N 5703W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
Strong wind warning in effect
LurcherIssued 10:00 AM ADT 29 May 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 29 May 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today departing cold front located over the
southeastern Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:53 AM ADT 29 May 2023 A cold front over the southeastern marine district at forecast time
will track east of the district by this afternoon.
Strong southwesterly winds ahead of the front shift to strong to gale
force northerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: