Issued 08:00 PM ADT 19 May 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Wind south 10 to 15 knots increasing to east 15 to 20 near midnight then diminishing to light Friday morning. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 15 Friday evening.
Rain tonight with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 19 May 2022 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
western Laurentian Fan.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday weakening ridge located over eastern
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday low 1004 mb located over northern Georges
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday departing low 1010 mb located south of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:38 PM ADT 19 May 2022 Strong to gale force easterly to northeasterly winds will develop
over southern maritime waters Friday as a low pressure system crosses
the southernmost part of the district.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: