Issued 08:00 PM ADT 18 August 2018
Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind variable 15 knots increasing to northeast 20 late this evening. Wind northeast 20 Sunday.
Rain ending late this evening with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches dissipating late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 8:00 PM ADT 18 August 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 18 August 2018 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1006 mb located over eastern Nova
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday low 1005 mb located over Fourchu.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday approaching ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:49 PM ADT 18 August 2018 A low pressure system over Eastern Nova Scotia will track slowly
eastward tonight and Sunday. Strong to gale force northeasterlies
will develop tonight or Sunday morning just north of the low, while
strong southwesterlies can be expected to its south.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau - northern half and Cabot Strait - southern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: