Issued 08:00 PM ADT 24 September 2021
Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 25 late this evening then diminishing to southeast 15 to 20 Saturday afternoon.
Showers Saturday with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 September 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 September 2021 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the southeastern Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday trough located over New England.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:48 PM ADT 24 September 2021 At 6 PM ADT sub-tropical storm Teresa was located near latitude 34.5
north, longitude 64.5 west. Maximum sustained winds were 40 knots and
minimum central pressure of 1008 MB. Teresa was moving toward the
northwest at 12 knots.
Sub-tropical storm Teresa is expected to have no impacts on Canadian
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: