Issued 03:00 AM ADT 27 October 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 15 to 20 knots veering to northwest 20 this morning then diminishing to northerly 15 early this evening. Wind diminishing to light Wednesday morning then becoming south 10 to 15 Wednesday evening.
Showers ending near noon. Fog patches dissipating this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 03:00 AM ADT 27 October 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 27 October 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 1015 mb located over Maine.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 998 mb located east of Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over New England.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Wednesday ridge located over Georges Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:49 AM ADT 27 October 2020 Gales are no longer expected over northern waters at this time.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: