Issued 03:30 PM ADT 19 October 2021
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 to 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 Wednesday morning and to northwest 10 to 15 Wednesday evening.
Scattered showers ending near noon Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 3:30 PM ADT 19 October 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 19 October 2021 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today quasi-stationary low 995 mb located over
the Gaspe Peninsula.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday dissipating low 1002 mb located over
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday low 999 mb located over Banquereau.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Wednesday intensifying low 992 mb located east
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:21 PM ADT 19 October 2021 Waterspouts are possible tonight and Wednesday morning over Georges
Bank, West Scotian Slope and East Scotian Slope, and intense and
highly variable wind gusts may develop.
Strong northwesterly winds over extreme southwestern marine waters
could potentially reach gale force this evening and persist through
late in the day on Wednesday between a trough to the northeast and a
ridge to the southwest.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank - eastern half
- LaHave Bank - western half
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore - eastern half
- Southwestern Shore - western half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- West Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: