Laurentian Fan - eastern half
Issued 03:00 AM AST 21 November 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southerly 20 to 25 knots veering to westerly 25 near noon then to northwest 30 early this evening. Wind northwest 30 Friday.
Periods of rain ending Friday morning. Risk of thunderstorms early this morning. Fog patches dissipating near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 November 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4550N 6155W to 4840N 6045W
to Quebec near 5125N 5735W. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 20 November 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Nov estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5155N 5600W to 5130N 5415W to 5245N 5230W to 5530N 5400W to
6100N 5900W to 6200N 5400W to 5800N 4800W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 21 November 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. AST today low 994 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 988 mb located east of Banquereau.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Friday approaching trough located west of the
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located west of the Marine District.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Friday weakening ridge located on a line
north-south over the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:54 AM AST 21 November 2019 A low pressure system over Laurentian Fan will move slowly
northeastward to lie east of Banquereau this evening. Strong to gale
force northeasterlies ahead of the low shift to strong to gale force
northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore - eastern half, Sable - eastern half, Fourchu, and
Outlook for the start of the Southwest Nova lobster fishery.
Sunday...Winds west 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light in the
Morning then increasing to southeast 15 to 20 in the
Afternoon and to east 30 in the evening.
Monday...Winds southwest 25 to 30 knots increasing to west 30 in
Tuesday...Winds northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 in the
Morning and to light in the afternoon.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: