Issued 08:00 PM AST 22 February 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northerly 25 knots backing to northwest 15 to 20 Friday afternoon then diminishing to light Friday evening.
Flurries ending Friday afternoon.
A risk of freezing spray over northern sections tonight and Friday.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 February 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6330W to 4500N
6130W to 4530N 5720W to 4725N 5730W to Newfoundland near 4705N
5555W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 22 February 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4748N 5248W to 4715N 4830W to 5000N 4645W to 5115N 4645W to 5700N
5330W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from Newfoundland
near 5134N 5600W to the Labrador coast near 5154N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 22 February 2018 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight high 1042 mb located over southern Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Friday high 1035 mb located over East Scotian
At 3:30 p.m. AST Friday approaching trough located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:11 PM AST 22 February 2018 A cold northwesterly flow will persist this evening ahead of an
approaching area of high pressure.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for eastern shore-eastern half, Sable-eastern half, Fourchu,
Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou and
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: