Issued 10:00 AM ADT 22 June 2021
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind south 10 to 15 knots increasing to south 15 to 20 this afternoon and to south 25 to 30 this evening. Wind veering to southwest 30 late overnight then diminishing to southwest 20 Wednesday evening.
Showers this afternoon tonight and Wednesday. Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon and tonight. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 22 June 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
5000N 5555W to 5005N 5400W to 5200N 5250W to 5445N 5135W to 5600N
5200W to 5900N 5800W to 6130N 5930W to 6010N 5440W to 5750N 4720W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5838W to Newfoundland near 5029N 5727W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 22 June 2021 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low located over East Scotian Slope.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday departing trough located over Cabot
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located from Labrador to Maine.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday departing trough located from
Newfoundland to Laurentian Fan.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday building ridge located southwest of
the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:14 PM ADT 22 June 2021 The remnants of post-tropical storm Claudette will continue to track
northeastward through the southern marine district tonight. Strong
winds are currently forecast for southern waters but could possibly
reach gale force near this disturbance.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: