Issued 03:00 AM ADT 19 April 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 25 knots diminishing to west 15 near noon then increasing to southeast 20 early this evening. Wind increasing to south 35 near midnight then diminishing to southwest 25 to 30 Friday morning. Wind veering to west 25 Friday afternoon.
A few showers ending early this morning. Periods of rain and fog patches tonight and Friday. Risk of thunderstorms tonight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 April 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4535N 6040W to 4530N
5840W to 4600N 5805W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5915W. Sea ice west
of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 April 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4713N 5257W to 4600N 4730W to 4600N 4615W to 4645N 4545W to 4815N
4545W to 5100N 4730W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5012N 6048W to Newfoundland near 4855N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Laurentian FanIssued 03:00 AM ADT 19 April 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 19 April 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line east-west over
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 998 mb located southwest of Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday low 995 mb located near Sable Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:57 AM ADT 19 April 2018 A low pressure system will approach the district from the west this
afternoon and move to lie over Banquereau by Friday morning. Strong
to gale force southwesterlies will develop south of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
southern half of Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope, east Scotian
Slope and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: