Issued 10:00 AM ADT 21 March 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 near noon and to light early this evening. Wind increasing to southwest 15 Wednesday morning and to northwest 25 near noon Wednesday. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 Wednesday evening.
Issued 05:00 AM ADT 21 March 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday. Seas 3 to 5 metres subsiding to 2 to 3 this afternoon and to 1 to 2 late overnight.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 21 March 2023
Thursday Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to light in the afternoon.
Friday Wind southeast 40 knots becoming west 40.
Saturday Wind northwest 35 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 4946N 5849W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 4:12 PM EDT 20 March 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5555W to 4600N 5525W to 4515N 5000W to 4535N 4610W to 4700N
4500W to 4845N 4525W to 5835N 5540W to 6005N 5015W to 5900N 4815W to
5820N 4520W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5027N 5948W to Newfoundland near 4936N 5753W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 21 March 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over the southwestern Marine
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday departing ridge located over Laurentian
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over the eastern Great Lakes.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough located over Cape Breton Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:39 AM ADT 21 March 2023 All gale warnings have ended.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Chaleur - Miscou and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: