Issued 03:30 PM ADT 29 September 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southerly 15 to 20 knots increasing to south 25 to 30 Wednesday afternoon.
Showers overnight and Wednesday. Risk of thunderstorms Wednesday late in the day. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 29 September 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Sep estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5157N 5555W to 5200N 5330W to 5300N 5000W to 5530N 5200W to
5700N 5500W to 6200N 5600W to 5900N 5000W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 29 September 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today quasi-stationary high located east of the
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday intensifying low 992 mb located over
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday low 976 mb located over western Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:12 PM ADT 29 September 2020 A low pressure system will continue to develop over the Southeastern
United States tonight and will move northeastward to lie over New
England on Wednesday morning. The low will intensify as it tracks
over Western Labrador by Wednesday evening. Strong to gale force
winds are expected over westernmost waters late in the day on
Wednesday and will spread eastward Wednesday night.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Grand Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank and Gulf - Magdalen.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: