Issued 10:00 AM AST 24 January 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northerly 15 knots diminishing to light this evening then increasing to south 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind increasing to southerly 20 Tuesday morning then veering to southwest 10 to 15 Tuesday evening.
Scattered showers or scattered flurries ending this afternoon. Showers and fog patches Tuesday afternoon and evening.
Temperatures plus 2 rising to plus 7 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 January 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to Nova
Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4359N 6440W to 4500N
6045W to 4615N 5915W to 4755N 6125W to 4715N 6300W to 4830N 6200W to
5000N 5900W to 4725N 5945W to Newfoundland near 4724N 5537W. Sea ice
west then south then west then northeast of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 24 January 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5239N 5551W to 5140N 5055W to 5300N 4855W to 5545N 5415W to
5920N 5655W to 6035N 5210W to 5830N 4700W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 24 January 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. AST today low 1003 mb located east of Sable Island.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Tuesday low 1001 mb located over southeastern
At 3:00 a.m. AST Tuesday low 1011 mb located over the Gulf of Maine.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Tuesday low 1011 mb located near Anticosti Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:38 AM AST 24 January 2022 A low pressure system will track northeastward across the
southeastern marine district today. Strong to gale force southeast
winds are expected to the east of the low.
On Tuesday, another low will track over the Maritimes spreading
strong southerlies across much of the district. It is possible that
these winds could reach gale force over eastern regions late in the
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
A freezing spray warning is in effect for Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: