Issued 08:00 PM ADT 22 March 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 knots increasing to northwest 35 late this evening then diminishing to northwest 25 late overnight. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 Friday afternoon.
Showers and fog patches changing to flurries late overnight and ending Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 March 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4510N 6005W
to 4530N 5810W to 4650N 5725W to Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 March 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5408W to 4530N 5314W to 4500N 4744W to 4515N 4529W to 4700N
4529W to 5100N 4744W to 5300N 4929W to 5600N 5144W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5109N 5840W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5723W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
LaHave BankIssued 8:00 PM ADT 22 March 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 22 March 2018 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 989 mb located near LaHave Bank.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday low 991 mb located over Cabot Strait.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today warm front from low located from LaHave
Bank to Laurentian Fan.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday warm front from low located from Cabot
Strait to the Avalon Peninsula.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:23 PM ADT 22 March 2018 A low pressure system near LaHave Bank at forecast time will slowly
move northeast to lie over Cabot Strait Friday morning before moving
off across Newfoundland later on Friday. Over northern waters east to
northeast gales will shift to strong to gale force northwesterlies on
Friday. Over southern waters strong to gale force southwesterlies
will diminish to moderate to strong westerlies later on Friday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except eastern shore, Fourchu, the western half of
Chaleur-Miscou, and the northwestern half of Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: