Issued 03:00 AM AST 14 December 2017
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 35 to 45 knots diminishing to southwest 30 this morning and to westerly 20 late this afternoon. Wind increasing to westerly 30 this evening then diminishing to southwest 20 near noon Friday. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 Friday evening.
Flurries or showers ending Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 13 December 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 13 December 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 14 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5225N 5540W to 5000N 5230W to 5400N 4700W to 5500N 4730W to
6000N 5900W to 6100N 5400W to 5700N 5000W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
LaHave BankIssued 03:00 AM AST 14 December 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 14 December 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. AST today deepening low 966 mb located over
By 10:00 a.m. AST Friday low 957 mb located over northern Labrador.
At 10:00 a.m. AST today low 996 mb located southeast of the
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing low 991 mb located over
At 3:00 a.m. AST Friday high 1021 mb located west of Long Island.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Friday high 1017 mb located west of Georges Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:48 AM AST 14 December 2017 An intense low pressure system over Southwestern Labrador will move
over Northern Labrador by Friday morning. Gale force west to
southwest winds across the district are still expected to
occasionally reach storm force this morning over eastern shore,
Sable, Fourchu, Banquereau, and Cabot Strait.
A second low pressure system approaching from the Great Lakes will
quickly move across the slope waters this afternoon before tracking
across Laurentian Fan this evening. Gales are expected around the
second low however a brief period of southerly storm force winds is
possible over the slope waters depending on the track and intensity
of this low.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
eastern shore, Sable, Fourchu, Banquereau, and Cabot Strait.
Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou, and
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: