Issued 10:00 AM AST 21 February 2020
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northerly 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 early this afternoon then diminishing to light early this evening. Wind increasing to southwest 10 to 15 late overnight and to southwest 25 Saturday morning. Wind veering to west 15 to 20 Saturday evening.
Temperatures minus 10 rising to plus 1 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 February 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4420N
6320W to 4515N 6040W to 4535N 5740W to 4710N 5815W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 21 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4747N 5247W to 4800N 4800W to 4900N 4720W to 5045N 4720W to 5530N
5130W to 6100N 5700W to 6300N 5400W to 5830N 5000W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5150N 5615W to Newfoundland near 5133N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 21 February 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located on a line east-west over
By 3:00 a.m. AST Saturday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the southern Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. AST Saturday trough located over southeastern Quebec.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Saturday weakening trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:52 AM AST 21 February 2020 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Banquereau - northwestern half, Cabot Strait,
Gulf-Magdalen, and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: