Issued 08:00 PM ADT 18 June 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 30 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 Tuesday morning.
Showers and fog patches ending near noon Tuesday with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 June 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4706N 5508W to 4615N 5330W to 4500N 4700W to 4515N 4530W to 4800N
4500W to 5700N 5100W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5016N 6023W to Newfoundland near 4903N 5822W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 18 June 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight warm front from 997 mb low located on a
line north-south over the western Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday warm front from 993 mb low located on a
line north-south over Cabot Strait.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday cold front from 993 mb low located on a
line northeast-southwest over southern New Brunswick.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday cold front from 983 mb low located on a
line northeast-southwest over Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:57 PM ADT 18 June 2018 A developing low pressure system over Northern New Brunswick will
move eastward to lie over the Northern Gulf of St. Lawrence near
midnight. Strong to gale force south to southwesterlies are occuring
ahead of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fundy, eastern shore - eastern half, Sable - eastern half, Fourchu,
Banquereau and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: